The Rockford Region Economic Development District is a nonprofit agency whose primary role is to do economic development planning. This includes planning for job creation and growing community wealth.
Economic Development Districts oversee and implement the region’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (a five-year strategic economic development plan). Our economic development district is financially supported by both Winnebago County, Boone County, Rockford Area Economic Development Council, and Growth Dimensions for Belvidere-Boone County.
What We Do at RREDD...
- Engage area residents, organizations, and governments in regional economic development planning efforts
- Develop, maintain, and implement regional plans pertaining to economic development
- Serve as the point of contact for area agencies and organizations preparing to apply for economic development grants
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to area governments and nonprofits
- Align economic development goals and priorities and work on economic development initiatives
- Economic development grant/loan research, writing, and administration
- Offer a request for assistance program
- Run the Rockford Region Vital Signs project